Sealegs Amphibious Marine Craft
Military and Professional amphibious marine craft
Sealegs achieves profitability on strong growth
Annual result for the 12 months ended 31 March 2013
Sealegs secures R&D grant from NZ government for new generation amphibious technology
South Island Circumnavigation
SEALEGS ESTABLISH WORLD RECORD FOR THE FIRST CIRCUMNAVIGATION OF THE NZ SOUTH ISLAND IN AN AMPHIBIOUS BOAT
Sealegs amphibious marine craft give rescue and patrol organizations unique multi-role capabilities
which cannot be performed by any other type of craft. All Sealegs amphibious boats are purpose
built as a highly versatile and reliable rescue craft that offers the ability to safely perform critical
missions in areas previously considered inaccessible. Sealegs amphibious rescue craft have proven
to be a critical fleet asset by many professional rescue and response organizations worldwide
• Fire Departments • Police • Emergency Services • Coast Guard • Special Forces
Perform Rescue Missions Previously Considered Impossible
- Seamlessly travel over both land and water with variable propeller and wheel propulsion to carry-out effective and rapid response in the most challenging environments.
- Reduce response times with the fastest possible launch and retrieval available of any large seaworthy platform in the market today.
- Access critical areas where traditional vessels are impeded by shallow water, variable depth, debris, and obstructions with instantaneously adjustable wheel and propeller propulsion configurations.
- Operate in rough offshore conditions with Beaufort 3 and Sea State 4 sea state ratings.
- Decrease response time and improved patient stability by driving straight out of the water to waiting resources or hoisting at sea with rotary aircraft.
- Lead deployment into remote or natural disaster areas in full operational capability without formal docking facilities or supporting infrastructure.
Rugged and Reliable Construction - US Coast Guard and CE Compliant
- Withstand challenging waters and debris-strewn environments with durable 5083 aluminum hull construction built to Llyods special craft standards.
- Reliably operate in remote and highly corrosive conditions with durable hydraulic and marinized componentry from patented Sealegs amphibious technology.
- Increased sponson service life with enhanced resistance to oil, chemicals, weather, and damaging UV rays from commercial Hypalon grade fabric.
- Freely drive into exposed debris laden areas with the aluminum air-chambered D-tube that offers the buoyancy of a sponson with the durability of aluminum.
- US Coast Guard and CE compliant.
- No formal docking facilities or supporting infrastructure required.
Sealegs is the world’s leading manufacturer of amphibious boats.
Sealegs is used by governments all over the world including:
- The Royal Thai Navy
- Malaysian Fire Department
- Italian Fire Department
- NZ Coast Guard
- Indian Police
- Australia State Emergency Services
- US Fire Department
Commercial applications are endless, and could include:
- Use as a water taxi
- Fish farming & aqua-culture
- Use by tour operators for tours that take place primarily on the water but may include a short drive on land.
- Dredging & mining
- Coastal survey & seismology
- Port authorities
- Beachfront, riverfront or lakefront resorts to easily transport guests from land into the water and vice versa.
- Conservation & Scientific research
- Military and Navy uses
- Law enforcement applications
- Use as a luxury yacht tender